Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Mr Hodge pointed me in the direction of VH1's list of 100 greatest songs of last 25 years:

The top 10:
1. Nirvana, Smells Like Teen Spirit;
2. Michael Jackson, Billie Jean;
3. Guns N' Roses, Sweet Child O' Mine;
4. Eminem, Lose Yourself;
5. U2, One;
6. Run-DMC, Walk This Way;
7. Prince, When Doves Cry;
8. Whitney Houston, I Will Always Love You;
9. The Police, Every Breath You Take;
10. Madonna, Like a Virgin.

I guess I have very little in common with VH1 viewers. So, what have I been listening to recently. Well, as usual great entertainment from the Eurovision song contest. Turkey win by finally unleashing their (not so) secret weapon - bellydancing; UK get null points and try to blame the War on Iraq. Lucinda Williams plays a storming set (if a tad too professional) at Shepherd's Bush Empire - and former Eurovision competitor Dulce Pontes plays a (very) short set of modern Fado at the Barbican. Just bought Ryan (don't call me Bryan) Adams last album in the sales, great bargain.

No comments: